Sunday, August 19, 2012

The Parrot's Peak- Pico De Loro

I've decided to do my first post with my first love- Pico De Loro. It's considered the highest mountain in the Cavite province. I have first set my eyes on this enchanted mountain way back 2004, I was 15 back then. I could still remember my first reaction when I reached the summit- it was jaw dropping and all I said was "Wow!"

photo taken with a film camera (2004)

I considered it as an eye opener. I never really liked mountain climbing and travelling before, but climbing Pico De Loro was magical. In an instant I wanted to see every corner of this amazing planet. 

I couldn't find any courage to climb the peak on my first try, so I decided to go back the next year. 

2005 was a lot more memorable for me. It was more challenging cause we followed a different trail. We made our camp on a different site, I was addicted to the experience. I was naturally high that time. 

first camp site


a peak at the peak - view from the last camp site

We we're so excited and we went to the peak earlier than what's in the itinerary. It was intimidating at first, but my friends helped me conquer it! 


yey! look at how scared I was! hahaha!


I love Pico De Loro! Every climb is different from the former. I will never get tired of climbing. It gives me never ending happiness and adrenaline rush! 

Will post more details soon. :)


we were so puny :)

Happy Climbing!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment